You Matter. You Are Loved.
Stress and anxiety seem to be two uninvited guests that keep showing up to our life events every day. Learning how to influence the energy in the room instead of adapting to it is critical to our well-being. There are many simple techniques that can help you to self-soothe when you don’t feel ok.
Calming your mind with scent and touch:
- Start your day with a body wash infused with peppermint or tea tree: These scents can give your vibe a lift.
- Light a candle: A calming flame from a soy candle scented with lavender, rose, or ylang-ylang can help to ease your mind.
- Take a whiff or apply a mood stick with essential oils or utilize essential oils in a diffuser can help you enter a more relaxed state.
- Comfort yourself in a weighted blanket and read an uplifting book, listen to inspirational music, or take a nap!
Make small positive changes:
You’re not going to master your life in one day. BUT you can master the moment. Then keep doing that every day. One of my favorite quotes is from Rich Roll:
Mood Follows Action
- Bring mindfulness into your day: even just a minute can help! A calming breathing rhythm, a guided meditation, or focusing on all of your senses are simple ways to be mindful.
- Get outside: studies show that Forest Bathing reduces cortisol, decreases blood pressure, and improves mood.
- Create some small habits: small changes add up to make a difference over time. Some great resources to help with this: “Feel Better In 5” by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee. “Atomic Habits” by James Clear. “The 5-Second Rule” by Mel Robbins.
Remember, you’ve got to nourish yourself if you want to flourish!
Cheers, Blessings and Balance!